top of page
Wed, Apr 07|
Solve Climate by 2030 Power Dialogue and Webinar Climate Solutions for South Carolina
Join the College of Charleston’s Center for Sustainable Development for Solve Climate by 2030, a national conversation happening on college campuses across the country, on Wednesday, April 7. To learn more, contact Darcy Everett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Apr 07, 2021, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
About the Event
Solve Climate by 2030
What are the climate challenges facing South Carolina - from the lowcountry to the upstate? What are the pathways South Carolina can take to mitigate and adapt to a changing climate? And, why must we approach these pathways using a lens of justice and equity? Our panelists will begin to answer these questions, and we’ll take a look at some models already in place in South Carolina.
- Dr. Kirstin Dow, Lead PI, Carolinas Integrated Sciences and Assessments (CISA) & Professor of Geography, University of South Carolina
- Keisha Long, Environmental Justice Coordinator, SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
- Albert George, Director of Conservation, South Carolina Aquarium
- Dr. Elizabeth Fly, Marine Conservation Director, The Nature Conservancy
- Dr. Jen Wright, Professor of Psychology, College of Charleston / Co-Chair, Charleston Climate Coalition
bottom of page