Work in Progress
Please bear with us, as our site is currently under construction. We are working to provide you with the most up to date and resourceful information. If you have any questions, we encourage you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Quarterly Lowcountry Surge climate magazine in 2022
● Climate Action Plan campaign for every municipality in Charleston County
● Climate Alliances with restaurants, farms, green businesses, coffee shops, wellness groups, fashion retailers, teachers, churches, social justice groups, etc.
● Comprehensive “environmental justice profile” to assess the unique hazards and vulnerabilities of communities on a case-by-case basis
● Events for education and mobilization
We at the Charleston Climate Coalition invite you to work with us on making Charleston the climate action leader of the Southeast. That means revamping our buildings, transportation, food and energy systems over the next ten years to sequester heat-trapping gases, not keep producing them. That means supporting politicians who lead on climate, instead of standing by as our best chance of a livable world slips away. That means centering environmental justice in our solutions, amplifying the voices of our most under-resourced communities, and ensuring that we're building towards a just and equitable future.
Not only do we work closely with the rich network of environmental and justice groups active in the Lowcountry, but we're developing Climate Alliances among concerned businesses, organizations, groups, and professions. Our aim is to spread the movement so wide that it can't be ignored.
We are a 501©3 nonprofit, which means our operations survive off the kindness of members like you.
The Lowcountry deserves to have folks dedicated to the climate fight here, and that won't happen without financial support. Donations of any size and shape help!